Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bathroom Remodel

The other Summer project that got mostly finished this month was my Mother's master bathroom/entire home plumbing project. Here are some pictures of the original bathroom.
We ended up tearing out the built-in cabinets, most of the back wall (to accommodate the new plumbing and electrical work), and enclosing the side window leading to the other bathroom. We also took out the gross 30 year old green shag, put down tile, installed a shower and a new toilet and sink. And of course when I say we, I mostly mean the Blue Prince. Other than some demolition, clean up and painting I mostly just chased Bella out of the work area.


Here are the post construction pictures. There is a reason my mom adores her son-in-law. "We" are taking a bit of a break before tackling her other bathroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW. This blows my mind a little bit. Can't wait to see it.

-Cait

The Wyler Family said...

wow, that is exciting! that pedestal sink reminds me of a sink in melo... one you destroyed. :)

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Always so nice to have a family member willing and able to share their "making the world a better place" skills. Hope he knows how valued he is.