Thursday, November 15, 2007

Off and On

So it has been a couple weeks since my last post but unfortunately that seems to be how my life has gone lately. Putting out fires and sporadic attendance for things in my life. I have been taking an institute class for mothers with young children this fall on Tuesdays and Thursdays, (my days off work) and I love the class and the teacher Sister Eagan but due to my life it has been hard for me to go. I actually made it again today after about 6 weeks of not going and as I walked in (late as usual) she stopped her class and gave me a hug welcoming me back. It makes you wish that every activity that you make the effort to go to while dragging along a small child could be so rewarding. Anyway at least she understood the time conflicts inherent in my new Relief Society President calling. The calling in general is going well, though most of the time I try not to think about it too hard or the sense of responsibility over all I should be doing overwhelms me and makes me slightly catatonic. Right now I have a family to visit to fill out a food order for the bishops warehouse, another sister I need to check on to see if she needs clothing to go to church, and oh yeah tonight they should be delivering the turkey I need to cook for Saturdays ward Thanksgiving dinner. It should be an interesting dinner, they are asking the sisters to cook the turkeys however they would be cooked in their own countries. The catch is that most Spanish speaking countries don't routinely cook turkey. Like I said should be interesting.

Anyway I should go check on Bella, she is in bed but has a nasty cold with a hacking cough and stuffiness. We shall see if either of us are up for the next nasal aspirator vs child battle. Man I can't wait till she can blow her nose like a human being. When does that happen by-the-way, it's not exactly one of those developmental milestones they put in parenting books. (okay I admit I have never actually looked to see if it is there, but I'm guessing it's not and I try to avoid the parenting books as much as possible, see above comments about too much responsibility causing catatonia)

No comments: