Monday, December 3, 2007

My one concern for my daughter

While visiting my grandparents over Thanksgiving my father and stepmother gave Bella a pink baseball they got while visiting the Baseball hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Bella really liked the baseball and one evening before going to bed I gave it to her to play with on my lap while I continued chatting with my family. She is now at the stage that the first thing you do with any object is try and stick it in your mouth so she proceeded to try and bite the baseball. Unfortunately, she was tired and instead of tasting the ball, she smacked herself quite hard in the mouth with it and started crying. The funny part was, that after calming her down, I gave her the ball back and she proceeded to repeat this process 4 or 5 times. Now my daughter is a fairly bright and in all other ways intelligent child but these types of incidences make me really question her grasp of cause and effect. We are going to have a very long and eventful road together if she continues to insist on trying painful things 3-4 times before deciding that it is not such a good idea. We are still working on the eating leaves/paper thing. But then again, it did only take one handful of sand to convince her that eating dirt was not a good idea, so maybe there is hope yet.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Liz, What a cute blog! Blogging is such a great way to stay in contact! Check out the other bloggers form our class on my blog. See you soon!